Traditionally the bride’s parents are the hosts, but nowadays anything goes…
- If the bride’s parents are paying for the bulk of the wedding costs, include their names on the invitation. For example, “Mr. and Mrs. Jim Conrad request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter Lauren Katherine to William Tell…”
- If the groom’s parents are the ones hosting, include their names instead. In this case, the groom’s name can be listed before the bride’s.
- If both sets of parents are contributing to the wedding equally, opt for the language, “Together with their families, Lauren Katherine Conrad and William Tell request the pleasure of your company at their marriage…”
- If the couple is hosting, word your invitation like this: “Lauren Katherine Conrad and William Tell request the pleasure of your company at their marriage…”
- You can honor the set of parents who are not hosting by including their names below the names of the couple, preceded by “son of” or “daughter of.”
Wishing Well suggestions
If you were thinking of giving a gift
to help us on our way,
A gift of cash towards our honeymoon
would really make our day.
However, if you prefer to purchase a gift,
feel free to surprise us in your own way.
The tradition of the wishing well
used on the wedding day,
is here both for your money gifts
and for what you would like to say.
So please drop in a token of love
for this special Groom & Bride,
as they live their life side by side.
Celebrating with you is all we ask,
with a day full of love and laughs.
If you would like to bring a gift,
we hope this option proves a hit.
A wishing well we thought would be great,
but only if you want to participate.
Your presence at our wedding is present enough,
so don’t worry about what to buy as we have plenty of stuff!
however, if you were thinking of giving a gift to help us on our way
a gift towards our honeymoon would really make our day.
Soon you will hear our wedding bell,
As friends and family wish us well
Our house hold thoughts are not brand new
We have twice the things we need for two
Since we have our share of dishes and bedding
We’re having instead a wishing well wedding
But more important we ask of you,
Your prayers of love and blessings too